Illustration:- A group in the name of ‘Sundry – East’ was created under group ‘Sundry Debtors’ in the books of M/s XYZ Limited. Delete the same from list of groups.
To delete the above group, following procedures shall be followed:-
- Open Tally program.
- Select the company’s name. In our case the name of company is M/s XYZ Limited.
- So, we shall select ‘XYZ LIMITED’.
- Select ‘Accounts info’ under ‘Gateway of Tally’.
- Select ‘Groups’.
- Now, we have two options (1) Single Group and (2) Multiple Groups.
- For deletion of group, select ‘Single Group’ only.
- Do not try to delete any group which is being created by tally people in tally program or the original groups available with tally package. You can delete the groups created by you.
- Please note that no group can be deleted if it has got any other group under it or the ledger is created under it. For example, you have created a group ‘FDR’ under group ‘Current Assets’. You have created another group ‘FDR with Syndicate Bank’ under group ‘FDR’. Now you want to delete the group FDR. In this case you can not delete group ‘FDR’ unless you delete the group ‘FDR with Syndicate Bank’. Again, if you have created any ledger under group ‘FDR with Syndicate Bank’ and want to delete the group ‘FDR’ then first you have to delete that ledger which is being created under ‘FDR with Syndicate Bank’ then you have to delete group ‘FDR with Syndicate Bank’ and then only you can delete the group ‘FDR’. So, be very careful while deleting any group.
- Now select ‘Alter’. After you select the ‘Alter’, all the groups shall appear on the screen.
- Select the group which is to be deleted. In our case we have to select ‘Sundry – East’ out of the list of groups given.
- After we select ‘Sundry – East’ the following screen shall appear:-
- At last tally shall ask you ‘Yes’ or ‘No’. The screen at this stage will be seen as under:-
Finally, if you find that every thing is all right then press ‘Y’ or ‘Enter’ key otherwise write ‘N’. If you write ‘Y’ or press ‘Enter’ key then the group will be deleted and if you write ‘N’ then there shall be no effect on groups. It will not be deleted.
- Learn Accounting, Free Accounting Tips
- General Accounting Terms
- General Tips Relating to Indian Income Tax Act
- Free Tally Learning
- General Tips Relating to Sales Tax-VAT