Illustration:- How will you enter the following payment vouchers in tally program in the books of M/s XYZ Limited:-
|12.04.11||Cheque No. 121112 of Syndicate Bank issued toM/s Morning Place||
Following entries shall be made for above transactions:-
Debit M/s Morning Place Rs.8000/=
Credit: Syndicate Bank Rs.8000/=
Now, we shall enter above Payment Vouchers in tally as under:
- Open Tally program.
- Select your Company. In our case, we shall select M/s XYZ Limited.
- Select ‘’Accounting Vouchers’ under ‘Gateway of Tally’
- Now, the following screen will appear:-
- Just read all the items written on screen with a concentration. Answers of your all questions relating to voucher entry is available here.
- Presently, you want to enter a payment voucher. See in right side. There are lots of options available. One of those options is ‘F5 – Payment’.
- Select this icon with the help of mouse or press ‘F5 key’.
- Now, select date icon or press’F2’ key.
- A box will show ‘Voucher Date’
- Write the date of voucher here i.e. 12.04.2011 then press ‘Enter’ key.
- Now a blank form will appear. You have to fill up the details as required in that form.
- First, in Dr. Particular Column write Morning Place. The moment you type ‘ M’ a list of account heads started with alphabet ‘M’ shall appear. You have select ‘Morning Place’ out of that list.
- In debit amount column write 8000 then press ‘Enter, key.
- In Cr. Column press ‘Enter’ key.
- In Particulars press ‘S’ and select ‘Syndicate Bank’ out of the list given in right side.
- In Credit amount write 8000 and press ‘Enter’ key.
- In narration column write any narration which you think fit then press ‘Enter key’
- Now the screen will be as under
- Finally, Tally asks you ‘Yes’ or ‘No’. Here, you just stop for a while and check that every detail is correct. If there is any mistake then press ’N’ key otherwise press ‘Y’ or press ‘Enter’ key.
- After you press ‘Y’, and all details vanish from the screen and a new voucher appears then you can say that your voucher is entered and saved and can enter another voucher.
- Learn Accounting, Free Accounting Tips
- General Accounting Terms
- General Tips Relating to Indian Income Tax Act
- Free Tally Learning
- General Tips Relating to Sales Tax-VAT